The new Government led by David Cameron has recently made clear its intentions to open up public data as part of the ongoing campaign to make public data public.
You can read the full letter here:
If you are having DNS issues and you are on Be Broadband then you might be using out of date DNS servers (as they tell you to do in the instructions).
Check out this page for up to date DNS server information:
To update your DNS, you have to go through the setup wizard for the broadband connection
If you use Be or Be There broadband and the supplied Bebox (THOMSON TG585v7) and you are having connection problems when playing Counter Strike or other Steam games, try this solution (taken from here: http://www.beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php/Steam_issues)
This fix should correct the following issues:
* Servers in Steam/in Steam games suffer ping ‘spikes’
* Difficulty/Inability to connect to servers
* Use of Steam/Steam games causes the BeBox to freeze/stall/restart (crash)
* Loss of connection to servers, or timeouts
* Poor performance (‘lag’) in servers
If you are having problems with the fix supplied below then please post in this thread and I will try to help, but I will not be held responsible for any damage to Be equipment etc. You know the drill.
This fix involves editing the user.ini file to change configuration. of the BeBox. This can also be done through telnet but I recommend it be done this way as I ran into problems trying the fix via telnet.
1. Follow this link to the router configuartion page:
2.Enter username & password (default is Administrator, with password left blank)
3. Select Backup Configuration Now…. Don’t close this window
You should now have a user.ini file containing your router configuration options.
4. Open it in Notepad. Go to Edit , Find and search for appconfig application=GAME(UDP)
You should see three entries regarding UDP. You need to change them to:
appconfig application=GAME(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3
appconfig application=CONE(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3
appconfig application=LOOSE(UDP) trace=enabled timeout=3
Now again, go to Edit , Find and this time search for timerconfig timer=udpidle
You should change this entry to:
timerconfig timer=udpidle value=3
5. Save that user.ini file to the desktop. Switch back to the Speedtouch router page and select Restore Configuration Now….
6. Use the router dialog to locate and select the user.ini file that you have modified. The router should upload the file.
7. Once configuration is uploaded, restart your router and all ‘Connection Problem’ or Server list crashes or Restarting of the BeBox due to UDP flooding in CSS and other games should be FIXED.
I’ve been using spotify a lot recently. For coding work you can’t beat a nice classical playlist, however I have found the classical collection of music on Spotify to be really quite hit and miss, with an unfortunate bias towards those tragic classical music meets 90′s electronica abominations… :S
So I have started filtering out all the decent classical recordings that I find and storing them in this playlist.