Changing Snom phone display name¶
To change the name displayed on your Snom Phone you need to follow the steps below:
- Gain access to the Phone's IP address.
- reboot the Phone by removing the power cable.
- Make a note of the IP address shown.
- Enter the IP address into a Web browsers address bar.
- You will be asked for a username and password, the username will be admin and the password will be the last 6 characters of the MAC address which is located underneath your Phone, make sure they are entered in lower case font.
You should now be logged into your Phone
- Click on
Identity 1, there are two fields to fill in.
- The first will be a display name and the second will be display text for idle screen.
- Enter the text in those fields and then click on
Savethis should make the Phone update straight away.