The ec-blog container¶
You should clone the ec-blog container.
In the container's /home/ec folder there are two key subfolders:
- ec-blog/: a clone of
- edmondscommerce.github.io/: a clone of
Creating new posts¶
- Enter a post title. Remember to add relevant key words. This Title Will Be Title Cased, and will also be used to form the URL
- Enter a category. This should reflect the main thing the post deals with
- Enter comma-separated tags. Add as many as you think are relevant
- Decide whether or not to set the post to published. This is a line in the post's metadata block
- Accept the confirmation
The script will provide a file path to the new post for you to open with your chosen editor.
Content is in Markdown format, and accepts Github-flavoured extensions
The post's content should be added below the metadata block in the post's file
When writing content, you'll need to preview the content locally before deploying it.
~/ec-blog/scripts/desktop/previewLocal.shbuilds the site (takes a few seconds) and provides a local URL to use
Continue editing your post's file, and the site will update as you type. When finished,
Ctrl-C out of the preview.
To avoid problems with environments, deployments are handled on the Cluster container.
~/ec-blog/scripts/desktop/buildAndDeployOnContainer.bashbuilds the site and deploys all content to https://edmondscommerce.github.io
Don't forget to use Buffer for sharing the post!